WNBA de luto

"Former WNBA star Margo Dydek passed away Friday at her home in Brisbane at just 37 years of age. Dydek had been in a medically induced coma for the past week after suffering a heart attack. The Poland-born Dydek was pregnant with her third child. 

(...)

Dydek was the No. 1 pick in the 1998 WNBA draft by the Utah Starzz. She also played for the San Antonio Silver Stars, Connecticut Sun, and Los Angeles Sparks. The 7-foot 2-inch Dydek was the tallest 
player ever to play in the WNBA.

(...)

Ticha Penicheiro, Los Angeles Sparks: “I’m very sad right now. Angry. Confused. My heart is just so heavy! I have known Margo since I was 16 when the Portuguese National Team played the Polish Team. We then reunited again in ’98-99 and ’99-00 when we were teammates in Gdynia, Poland.
Margo and her family took me in, cooked for me, took me shopping, taught me Polish…I have so many good memories of her! She definitely was a ‘gentle giant’. Her 7’2″ frame could be intimidating but everybody that had a chance to meet her knows how caring, loving, funny, genuine and humble she was; and what a big heart she had! I am very blessed to have had the chance to meet Margo not only on the court, but most importantly off the court. My heart aches for the loss of a good friend and I continue to pray for her family.” "

Para ler tudo, aqui.